Search Engine Marketing- Turning Search into Sales
Traditional methods of marketing are no longer enough for businesses that aim for the sky. The immense power of the Internet inspires several businesses to make their presence felt over the global platform. Search engines outperform all other media in driving visitors to websites with 85% of Internet users citing search engines as the preferred method to find websites. This is the reason why investing in search engine marketing is quintessential for businesses.
Search engine marketing is basically an art or science of making a website search engine-friendly. It incorporates the paid search results (pay per click advertising) as well as the organic search results (search engine optimisation). If your business website doesn't rank on the first page of the major search engines, you are bound to lose thousands of visitors who had the potential of becoming your customers. search engine optimisation and paid advertising have the power to convert search into sales and help build your brand equity.
There are several reasons why you should invest in search engine optimisation and search engine marketing. Some of those reasons are stated below:
- Search engine optimisation and marketing help in popularising your business on the World Wide Web- Investing in complete search engine marketing is one of the best ways to spread brand awareness about your services and products across the world. You can reach out to an expansive customer base, which is not possible by any other forms of offline marketing techniques
- Improve your website ranking on SERPs- While search engine optimisation requires consistent efforts to get top position on the search engine result pages (SERPs) and maintain it, PPC requires relatively less efforts. However, in both the processes, the efforts are worth making because your prominent ranking on SERPs bring you much closer to the potential market.
- Improve number of targeted visitors- Higher ranking, because of search engine marketing, ensures that more people can find your website when they search for a particular keyword/phrase. The more the number of people finding your website on SERPs, higher would be the number of visitors and the chances of high conversion rate.
- Are quite cost-effective- The techniques under search engine marketing are highly favourable, especially for small businesses, because they are cost-effective. Search engine optimisation is a free process that only requires investment of time (unless you take professional help), while PPC is also cost-effective because you pay for results. Even if you take professional help in PPC and SEO, then also they are cost-effective ways of promoting business.
- Stand out from the competition- Consistent efforts through search engine marketing ensures that you get a leading position on SERPs and more people click on your website before that of your competitors'. Thus, it enables you to beet your competitors effectively.